MONDAY: THE DAY OF GOOD NEWS
1. In 2 Kings 6 and 7 we read the story of Aram’s King Ben- Hadad laying siege upon Samaria. The siege was so severe that people resorted to eating their on children (6:28). Read 2 Kings 7:3-9 to see how the siege ended.
2. Why did the leper’s say “they were not doing right” (verse 9). What was the good news?
FAITH STEP: What good news do we have as Christians? (See John 11:35, John 3:16, Romans 8:1). Make a list of the blessings we have found in the above verses. Than write the name of someone you know who could benefit from theses blessings. Have you kept the good news from them? Ask God to give you the opportunity to share Christ with that person.
TUESDAY: PROCLAIMING GOOD NEWS - PHILIP
1. Sometimes we can become sidetracked by peripheral issues when it comes to discussing spiritual issues with others. Today we want to look at one of the Bible’s great soul winners and see what the crux of his message was.
2. Philip the evangelist was sent to Samaria and to a desert road. What did he proclaim according to Acts 8:5,35? What Old Testament Scripture was the eunuch reading? Who was the Scripture talking about?
3. What good news do you think Philip found in the Isaiah passage being discussed?
4. How do we know that Philip’s message included water baptism?
5. How did the eunuch respond after his baptism?
FAITH STEP: Write a sentence or to on why and how you rejoiced after your came to Christ. What three words would you write down if someone asked you how your life has changed since you became a Christian? Share with someone this week, maybe in your family or small group, the reasons you can rejoice since you have become a Christian.
WEDNESDAY: PROCLAIMING GOOD NEWS – SAUL OF TARSUS IN DAMASCUS
1. Read the story of the Conversion of Saul in Acts 9:1-19 (if you have children you may want to act this story out or draw a picture of the event together). What example of Paul do you see that you should apply in your life?
2. What did Paul preach in Damascus after his conversion (9:20)?
3. How did his listeners first react (9: 21-22)
FAITH STEP: If someone asked you, “How do you know Jesus is the Son of God”, what would you say? This website, Apologetics Press (http://www.apologeticspress.org/) has some good information including free on line Bible lessons. Also check out the Does God Exist site. http://www.doesgodexist.org/ It has an article on Jesus being the Son of God.
THURSDAY: PROCLAIMING GOOD NEWS - THE APOSTLE PAUL
1. We know that Saul of Tarsus changed his name to Paul. In his letter to the Corinthians Paul tells us what his message consisted of. According to I Corinthians 2:2 what did Paul preach about?
2. Read Matthew 27:33-50. What three words would you use to describe the crucifixion of Jesus? The article at this website: http://www.carm.org/misc/crucifixion.htm can explain the physical torment of the crucifixion
FAITH STEP: Read the following Scriptures then write down from each Scripture what blessing that you have received because of the death of Jesus: Isaiah 53:5, I Peter 3:18, Revelation 5:9, 2 Corinthians 5:15, Titus 2:14, Revelation 1:5
FRIDAY: PROCLAIMING GOOD NEWS - THE APOSTLE PAUL – Part 2
1. Read II Corinthians 4:5. What did Paul say he preached?
2. Look up the definition of “lord”. What do you find?
3. According to Romans 10:9 what is a condition of salvation?
4. According to Matthew 7:21, what does lordship involve?
FAITH STEP: How can you better reveal Jesus as Lord at work/school? Home? Church? If your friends were asked who had the ultimate authority in your life – how would the answer?
SATURDAY: One way to proclaim Jesus is to tell people what he has done in your life. Write a short paragraph answering the following questions. What was your life like before you met Jesus? How did you become A Christian (who influenced you, taught you etc.) How has Jesus made your life better? Find someone with whom you can your story. After all proclaiming Christ is nothing more than sharing your story on how he saved you.