Friday, January 11, 2008

3:16

Sometimes in my study I like to take a particular chapter and verse from each book, read and meditate on it and see what I can learn. This week I thought we would do something with the 3:16 passages in the New Testament. This is a fun and rewarding method of study. While looking at these verses be sure and do the following: Have fun and I hope you will learn.

MONDAY: Matthew 3:16

What does this passage teach us about the method of Jesus’ baptism?
The word baptism is a transliteration of the Greek word “baptizo” it means to “dip or immerse”. Looking at these verses what else do we learn about baptism? Romans 6:1-3, Acts 2:38, I Peter 3:21, Galatians 3:26-27
Have you been baptized into Christ for the forgiveness of your sins?

TUESDAY: John 3:16

Who does God love? How do we know?
What does God promise those who believe in Jesus?
According to verse 17, why did Jesus come into the world?
What other things do people believe in besides Jesus – in their search for salvation and purpose? In whom or what do you have your faith?

WEDNESDAY: I Corinthians 3:16

To what does Paul compare the church? Why do you think he sued this metaphor? (The church is not a building it is the people)
In context what is Paul discussing?
How are you promoting unity in your church family? What do you need to do to better promote unity?

While looking at these verses be sure and do the following:

Put into context by asking, “Who is speaking? To whom are they speaking? What is the occasion?” After determining the context, look for an application by asking …

Is there a sin I should confess?
Is there an example for me to follow?
Is there a blessing I should be thankful for?
Is there a promise I should claim?
Is there condition I should meet?
Is there a truth about God I should learn?


THURSDAY: Colossians 3:16, 2 Thessalonians 3:16
FRIDAY: 2 Timothy 3:16, James 3:16
SATURDAY: 1 John 3:16, Revelation 3:16

No comments: