This week we will continue our study of Hebrews 11 as we learn how to better live by faith in our world by looking at the loves of some of God’s best faith walkers.
MONDAY: BY FAITH NOAH BUILT AN ARK.
1. Read Hebrews 11:7. What “things not yet seen” was Noah warned about? By faith what was Noah moved to do (See Genesis 6:13-17)?
2. How would you describe “holy fear”? How can “holy fear” motivate us to obey God? Look up the words “reverence” and “awe”. What can you learn about “holy fear” from these definitions.
3. How did Noah’s faith affect his family? How does your faith affect your family? Do they see you obeying God when the rest of the world does not? What step of faith do you need to take to help save your family/
TUESDAY: BY FAITH NOAH CONDEMNED THE WORLD
1. How is Noah described in Genesis 6:8-9 (Look for four descriptions)?
2. Would your friends or co-workers, family call you “blameless”? With whom would they say you “walk with”? Why do you think Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord?
3. How did Noah’s faith condemn the world? How did the world’s belief differ from Noah’s (See Genesis 6:5 and Genesis 6:9)? What affect does your faith have on those in your world?
WEDNESDAY: BY FAITH NOAH BECAME AN HEIR OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
1. Read Hebrews 11:7. Noah was the first man in the Bible to be called “righteous (Genesis 6:9). Righteousness is being right with God. Noah was right with God because he took God at his word, he believed what God said and he acted on it.
2. Notice that being “right with God” comes by faith not by rule keeping or ritual. Read Romans 10:17, James 2:23, Romans 1:17, Romans 3:20-24. What do you learn about the relationship of faith to being righteous (right with God)?
3. As an heir of righteousness in what area of your life do you need to learn to trust God more? Pray about that area giving it to God.
THURSDAY: BY FAITH ABRAHAM OBEYED….
1. Read Hebrews 11: 8. Where was Abraham called to go? According to Genesis 12:1, what was Abram ham called to leave?
2. What would be the hardest part about living your country and moving to another country? What fears would you have? What would be the hardest part about “leaving your people” and moving to another culture? What would be the hardest part about leaving your family?
3. How old was Abraham when God told him to leave? Did Abraham know where God ascending him?
4. What if your spouse, child, or other family member came to you and said, “I am moving away tomorrow to another country and I don’t know where I am going but God told me to go there so I am going”. What would your advice be to them?
5. What in your life has God told you to leave (a habit, job, a situation, etc.)? What is keeping you from trusting God and doing what he says? What do you need to do so by faith you can obey God in that area?
FRIDAY: BY FAITH ABRAHAM LIVED IN TENTS
1. Read Hebrews 11:9. Where did Abraham make his home? Who were Isaac and Jacob? Why did all three of them live in tents?
2. What city were they really looking forward to?
3. Who else are recipients of this promised city (Galatians 3:26-29)?
4. Look up two verses about heaven. What about your new home are you looking forward to the most?
SATURDAY: Using a hymnal or the internet – look up some hymns of faith. Read or sing the words. Ask God to help you live in faith by obeying even when you don’t understand what all is going to happen as Noah and Abraham did.